ORDINANCE NO. 1 of 2019
AN ORDINANCE OF THE BOROUGH COUNCIL OF THE BOROUGH OF EDWARDSVILLE ESTABLISHING TIMES FOR THE PLACEMENT OF REFUSE, RECYCLABLES AND YARD WASTE FOR MUNICIPAL OR PRIVATE PICKUP
WHEREAS, the Borough of Edwardsville, as part of its municipal services, picks up refuse, recyclables and yard waste from municipal residents; and
WHEREAS, in some instances, municipal residents utilize the services of private haulers for refuse pickup; and
WHEREAS, in order to promote the health and safety of municipal residents, the Borough finds it necessary to establish guidelines relative to the placement of refuse, recyclables and yard waste at curbside in order to avoid these items being disbursed on public or private property due to weather or other conditions.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED AND ENACTED by the Borough Council of the Borough of Edwardsville, and it is hereby ordained by and with the authority of the same as follows:
- Refuse, recyclables and yard waste shall be placed at curbside for municipal pickup before 6:00 a.m. on the date the pickup is scheduled but not earlier than 6:00 p.m. on the date preceding the scheduled pickup.
- For residents utilizing private haulers, refuse shall not be placed at curbside for private hauler pickup earlier than 6:00 p.m. on the date preceding the scheduled pickup.
- Any person violating the terms of this Ordinance shall be subject to a fine of not less than $50.00 nor more than $300.00.
- All ordinances or parts of ordinances inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed.
- This Ordinance shall take effect as provided by law.
ORDAINED AND ENACTED by the BOROUGH COUNCIL OF THE BOROUGH OF EDWARDSVILLE, this 10th day of October 2019.
DAVID STOCHLA, President of Council
MAYOR: Bernard J. Dubaskas